Now in its second year, Innovators Pavilion features startups that are harnessing innovation and entrepreneurship in financial markets technology.
A total of 18 companies were chosen from a competitive pool of applicants by panel of industry experts, comprised of both executives from both venture capital firms that focus on fintech and executives from FIA member firms with experience in evaluating technology. The featured companies were showcased at the 32nd Annual FIA Futures and Options Expo.
FIA Innovators receive:
- A "TechPod" in the Innovators Pavilion
- The opportunity to network with more than 5,000 industry professionals at the industry’s largest gathering of derivatives professionals
- A description of the company in the Expo program and mobile app Recognition through press releases, social media and FIA's MarketVoice magazine
- Inclusion in the FIA Resource Directory to be published in October 2016
- FIA Innovator award, digital badge and bragging rights
Additionally, five of the companies were chosen to take part in a Meet the Innovators competition in which each company had five minutes to pitch its services to Expo attendees. Following the competition, a panel of judges chose one of the companies, Money.net, as the FIA Innovator of the Year and awarded that firm a prize of cash and other resources valued at more than $20,000.